BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 14 November 2011

institutional research




For my media production, music video, digipak and posters the band that I am creating around the track that has been selected is Rizzle Kicks with their song ‘Miss Cigarette’. The band that I am creating will be signed to an independent record label, the independent label that my band will be connected to will be TVT record, which has many recognizable acts signed to it, such as Pit bull and little Jon. 




I chose this record company due to it being a record label that is 'artist friendly' but also because this record label produces a similar genre to the music that my band produces, hip hop and rap. Although being an independent recored label, this record label has produced 25 Gold, Platinum and Multi-platinum releases. This shows that being an independent label is no bar to being able to produce high selling albums. Another reason is that it has links to other independent record labels such as 'The Orchid'. Though the band that I have created is a British band, the label is American, I have done this due to the fact that I have picked a popular genre mixed band, but also there is more revenue opportunities in the USA. TVT Records recently renewed its long- standing agreement with QTRAX and is the first label to launch musicon, the ad-supported P2P service. This allows fans to download tracks from top TVT acts like Lil Jon, Ying Yang Twins, Pitbull, Sevendust, Just Jack, and the Cinematic for free. The download is legal and artists, label and songwriters are able to be paid.


The reason I selected an independent label for my band is that I did not want my music to be associated with the corporate mainstream side of music. I wanted my music to be reflective of the more independent, 'freer' and youth based aspects of the Internet. By avoiding the controlling  and financially motivated aspects of the large corporations that have historically controlled the music business my band has more autonomy in creative and financial terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment